Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2012

Chocolate Brownie Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Doesn't this title already makes you drool and crave for chocolate?! Well it does that to me...need to make a chocolate brownie cake again...oh well...

Anyway. Cold weather and rain makes me want to bake and cook! 
I have to admit I'm always afraid to try out new recipes since you never know if they are going to be, well really good or just like something else. I picked this one because I had pretty much everything it called for and it sounded fun.
I changed a few things so for everyone who's interested: Here's the original recipe and further down is my version of it ;)
Let's bring on some chocolatness and an awesome smell for your home!!!

 Chocolate Brownie Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

The cake
  • 215gr dark chocolate
  • 3 tabelspoons butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup sugar (150gr)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup flour (30gr)
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder       
Melt the chocolate and the butter in a heatproof bowl over simmering water (Or use the microwave! I always end up doing it there since it's easier and faster. Just be careful: Don't let it in for too long and stir often. I normally do 30sec. and stir. Another 20 and stir. If necessary another 10sec.).
Mix together the eggs, butter and sugar until creamy. Add flour, baking powder and melted chocolate mixture. Put the mixture into your form and bake it for ~40-50 Minutes at 355°F (180°C) (Until you have a cracked surface and an inserted toothpick comes out nearly clean).

While you let it cool down (No pressure: You can already eat it now!! Like all hot and gooey and yummy!!!) prepare your frosting:
Frosting

Pure over your cake and add sprinkles if desired. Enjoy!

You'll find it easier to cut the cake/brownie once it's cool but as I just said: No pressure ;)

And because baking here is different...I'm so going to have arm muscles!!!!!


 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen