Montag, 23. April 2012

Raspberry chocolate Cupcakes


I'm doing a lot of baking and cooking throughout my days and I come across really good and not so good recipes. The really good ones go into my special cooking folder, the other ones...well they get deleted.

I know that cooking is not all about the recipe but I think at least 70% are based on it. So having good recipes helps a lot to get around disappointments in the kitchen (I'm dreaming of a full file, stuffed with amazing recipes...)

Well. I just stumbled about the cupcake recipe.
It had the texture I always had looked for. It is moist, fluffy a little bit gooey and not too sweet. It also raises just to a certain height, so applying frosting works perfectly.

I found it at Annies-eats (this). I also tried her chocolate frosting which is truly amazing (even if we had some variations here. Well I always end with variations, but who cares...)


For the ones I made I changed a few little things.
(Most important: I divided the amount of batter by three. First time I did it we ended up with 40(!) cupcakes...)

You'll need (makes 14 cupcakes): 
  • 120gr flour
  • Baking powder (I don't measure it however the original recipe calls for 1 tbsp.) 
  • 1/2 tsp. salt 
  • 75gr butter 
  • 150gr sugar 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 100ml buttermilk (you can tweak this part by using milk and add vinegar or lemon juice) 
  • vanilla extract (again: I don't measure. The recipe calls for 1 tbsp.)

I also added raspberries and white chocolate chips which is really really good. However the batter is already great so don't be afraid to make stay with simple.

Make the batter by beating the sugar and butter until foamy. Add eggs one at a time.
Add salt and vanilla extract. Beat. Add flour, baking powder and buttermilk in turns.
Bake 18-22 minutes at 180°C (350°F).

 
I tweaked my frosting into a white chocolate one. Since the original recipe called for cocoa powder (which is absolutely dry and dark = Does not work with white) I left out some of the moist ingredients.

For the white-chocolate-frosting:
  • 130gr white chocolate 
  • 80gr cream cheese 
  • pinch of salt 
  • 1 tbsp. sour cream 
  • 120-180gr confectioners sugar

Melt the white chocolate. Beat the cream cheese, salt and sour cream. Add the chocolate (let it cool a bit before). Add the confectioners sugar. I wrote 120-180gr because I started with 120 and just kept on adding c. sugar until it had the right consistency. So this depends on how you like your frosting.

Apply to your cooled cupcakes and enjoy.
They did not last long :)






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen